By Pamela S. Bacon
A career's worthy of inventive options to difficulties and demanding situations in general encountered in class libraries, this moment quantity to the best-selling a hundred Library Lifesavers provides one other a hundred ready-to-use lifesavers that will help you remain on best of your busy time table and make your library glance stable! professional tuition library media professional Pamela S. Bacon once more stocks functional, field-tested recommendation for almost any activity. each one lifesaver contains a short description, suggestions (helpful feedback) and instruments (ready-to-use templates), in addition to an additional characteristic known as journeys (Internet links). Grades 6-12.
Read Online or Download 100 More Library Lifesavers: A Survival Guide for School Library Media Specialists PDF
Similar library management books
By way of digital reference, one measurement does not healthy all. What works in a single library will not unavoidably paintings in one other. How do you determine what to do? The lately released digital Reference carrier guidance from the Reference and person providers organization (RUSA), that is reproduced in appendix A, presents the place to begin.
12 months after yr a majority of the titles on ALA's Banned Books record, which compiles titles threatened with censorship, are both YA books or grownup booka which are usually learn through adolescents. it is crucial for YA librarians to appreciate the categories of demanding situations taking place in libraries round the state and to be able to care for such demanding situations after they ensue.
To compete at the present time, librarians have to not just offer previous providers in new methods but additionally to supply new providers. Repositioning Reference: New tools and New providers for a brand new Age re-imagines reference companies in libraries and knowledge agencies and the position of reference librarians, bearing in mind speedy advancements in know-how and information-specific companies in non-library sectors.
This quantity applies a platforms technological know-how point of view to advanced coverage making dynamics, utilizing the case of Indonesia to demonstrate the techniques. Indonesia is an archipelago with a excessive heterogeneity. Her humans encompass 1,340 tribes who're scattered over 17,508 islands. each sector has varied common strengths and prerequisites.
- Recruitment, Development, and Retention of Information Professionals: Trends in Human Resources and Knowledge Management
- Information Technology in Librarianship: New Critical Approaches
- Understanding Digital Libraries
- Patron-driven acquisitions : history and best practices
Additional info for 100 More Library Lifesavers: A Survival Guide for School Library Media Specialists
If the event wasn’t a success, talk to the teacher or person who requested the event. Deter- mine what could have been done differently to make the program work. Was the problem with the content provider or the students? • If a technical difficulty occurred during the program, enlist help from your technical sup- port team to ensure the same thing doesn’t happen again. In some cases, the problem can’t be prevented, but in others a “tune-up” can help. • Send or fax the evaluation form to the content provider.
3. Compile Lesson Plans R Some sessions will send handouts, hands-on materials, or even complete lesson plans to you in advance. 4. ” R Discuss the purpose of the program. ). R Have students prepare questions in advance. 5. Test Equipment R Play around with the equipment before the session—you can’t break it! R Set up an interactive test session to ensure equipment is working properly. R Train students to run the equipment. 6. Call for Help! R If you have trouble, call the help desk—that’s what they’re there for.
6. Watch the time. The equipment turns itself off when it is programmed to do so—whether you’ve wrapped up or not! 7. Thank the presenter verbally at program’s end. 8. Act naturally on camera—this modeling helps student relax, too. 9. Be ready to call the help desk if program cuts off or the sound is lost. Distance learning equipment is increasingly reliable, but it’s always best to be prepared. 10. When speaking, look at the camera, not at the television screen. Lifesaver Tool 5B. Distance Learning Survival Guide—During the Event Library Lifesaver 6 AFTER THE DISTANCE LEARNING EVENT—FOLLOW-UPS Hopefully, the distance-learning event was a huge success.